Music That You feel
Travel from your bedroom to the concert hall. The YDP S54 now includes samples from Yamaha’s flagship piano – the Yamaha CFX concert grand. The CFX grand piano represents 19 years of research and development to combine traditional craftsmanship with modern day engineering. This harmonious combination enabled the engineers at Yamaha to examine every element of the piano, discovering how every detail can impact the sound.
In 2010, the CFX was the piano of choice by the winner of the prestigious International Chopin Competition. Since then, the CFX has gained worth recognition as one of the greatest concert grands of all time. Now you can experience this, all in the comfort of your own home. Boasting scintillating highs and a powerful bass, these CFX samples will transform your practice into a recital.
Graded Hammer 3 Piano Action
As well as the faithful samples, the YDP S54 features fully-weighted keys, reproducing the touch of an acoustic piano for natural playability. The Graded Hammer 3 (GH3) 88-key piano action recreates the natural feel when touching the keys, reacting accordingly to velocity changes and providing that ‘heavy feel’ in the lower register. The piano action also features a three-sensor configuration which analyses and interprets the behaviour of the keyboard, providing a natural response and feel. This lets you hear every nuance of the sound, providing authentic expressive control with the synthetic ebony and ivory key tops only adding to its natural feel.
Who said pianos had to be traditional? The Smart Pianist app offers a range of features that places you in control. The app enables you to select instrument voices, adjust various settings, record your performance, and much more. You will find yourself making music faster with this app as it gives you the freedom to this on your personal smart device.
Want to play along with your favourite songs? Well, now you can! Smart Pianist scans the audio songs loaded in your music library, analyses the chord progressions, and then displays them for you on the screen of your smart device. It’s that simple. Play along as the chords scroll by, all the while hearing the song play back through the S54’s speaker system. Loading MIDI songs into the app will also allow you to follow along with digital sheet music while you play.
Stereophonic Headphone Optimizer
A great feature of digital pianos is the ability to practice in silence using headphones. The YDP S54 has catered to this feature with the Stereophonic Optimizer. The Stereophonic Optimizer works by adjusting the spacing of the sound and the separation from the instrument, resulting in a natural and spacious surround sound quality, immersing you within the pianos natural tones. This helps to perceive the sound of the piano as coming from the body of the instrument rather than the headphones, providing a more realistic and natural playing experience.
- Width: 1353 mm
- Height: 792 mm
- With key cover open: 976 mm
- Depth: 309 mm
- With key cover open: 317 mm
- With anti-fall brackets attached: 404 mm
- Weight: 40 kg
- Keyboard: Graded hammer (GH3) keyboard with synthetic ebony and ivory keytops
- Number of Keys: 88
- Touch Sensitivity: Hard/Medium/Soft/Fixed
- Pedals: Damper/Sostenuto/Soft
- Key Cover: Folding key cover with music rest
- Finish: Black
Functions and Voices
- Tone Generator: Yamaha CFX
- Polyphony (Max): 192
- Number of Voices: 10
- Effects: Reverb (four types), Intelligent Acoustic Control (IAC), Stereophonic Optimizer, Damper Resonance
- Preset Songs: 10 Demo Songs, 50 Piano Preset Songs
- User Recording: 1 user song with 2 tracks
- Data Capacity: 100 KB per song (approx. 11,000 notes)
- Compatible Data Format (Playback): SMF (format 0, format 1)
- Compatible Data Format (Recording): SMF (format 0)
- Metronome: Yes
- Tempo Range: 5 – 280 bpm
- Transpose: -6 to 0, 0 to +6
- Tuning: 414.8 – 440.0 – 446.8 Hz
- Internal Memory: Total maximum size approx. 900 KB (User song: One song approx. 100 KB, Loading song data from a computer: Up to 10 Songs)
- Connectivity: Stereo headphone jack x 2; USB-to-host
- Amplifiers: 20 W x 2
- Speakers: 12cm x 2
- Acoustic Optimizer: Yes
- Power Supply: PA-300 or an equivalent recommended by Yamaha
- Auto Power Off: Yes
- Power Consumption: 13 W (When using PA-300C AC adapter)
- Included Accessories: PA-300C AC adapter; song book (50 Greats for Piano)