Kaps was founded in 1858 by Ernst Kaps in Dresden. Kaps was a German manufacturer and distributor of pianos. Kaps was shortly after the founding of Hofpianofortefabrikanten the Kingdom of Saxony appointed. In 1876, the Ernst Kaps Piano Factory AG participated as an exhibitor at the World Exhibition in Philadelphia (USA) part. In 1922 began a collaboration with the piano maker Johann Kuhse. This Kaps grand piano is finished in a beautiful walnut veneer.