The Katana Series
The Katana Series of amps from Roland’s Boss division embodies their pursuit of finding the ultimate rock sound, calling upon years of research and design to deliver redefined rock tones. Built using traditional craftsmanship with new and innovative designs, the Katana amps offer class-defying tones with an excellent touch response and presence. Taking inspiration from the Japanese sword of the same name, the amps provide a smooth, cutting tone perfect for gigging musicians, as well as for use in recording and practising.
Choose from Five Unique Amp Characters
The Katana Series features a selection of five original and unique amp characters, offering a range of tones from organic, vintage tones to modern, high-gain sounds. When set to clean, the Katana produces a beautifully natural and transparent tone, producing the raw sound of your guitar or pedals. Crunch will produce a satisfying grit and response tone, while Lead offers a wide gain range that suits many musical styles. The Brown amp character comes from Boss’ Waza amp series, producing refined, high-gain tones. The acoustic mode enhances the Katana’s versatility, allowing an electro acoustic to be plugged in, optimising its tone to create an amazing sound.
Innovative Controls and Built-In Boss Effects
The amp head features a range of built-in boss effects that can be customised though the free Boss tone studio editor software. With 55 customisable effects to choose from, and the ability to load and keep 15 effects on board at one time, the Katana can use three effects at once to offer a range of tonal possibilities. A selection of powerful controls and tone settings can be used to shape the amp’s sound, with the ability to store and recall your favourite amp and effect settings.
Traditional Craftsmanship and Breakthrough Functions
Pooling their years of research and design into the Katana amp head, Boss has combined the use of traditional craftsmanship with innovative and breakthrough functions to create an incredibly powerful amplifier. Featuring a proprietary circuit design, meticulous tuning, and an innovative power control, the Katana can achieve cranked up tones while being at low volume, perfect for gigs and practising at home.
Incredible Connect Functionality
The Katana amp head can be connected with any 8 or 16 ohm cab, such as Boss’ Waza Cab 412. The line out can be used to send a simultaneous direct feed to your PA or recording equipment, providing authentic mic’s up tones with excellent power, fullness and dynamics without the need of a mic. The head also lets you send mix-ready sound to your computer’s recording software via USB. Also featuring MIDI capabilities and an effect loop, the Katana head can be integrated into any MIDI device and external effects.
- Light and portable 100-watt amplifier head with powerful, gig-ready sound
- Five unique amp characters: Clean, Crunch, Lead, Brown (derived from the Waza amp), and Acoustic (for acoustic-electric guitars)
- Choose from 55 customizable effects with BOSS Tone Studio editor software
- Store 15 different effects on board, with three effects available at once
- Dedicated gain, EQ, presence, and effects controls for adjusting sounds quickly
- Four Tone Setting memories for storing and recalling all amp and effect settings
- Power Control for achieving cranked-up tones at low volumes
- Integrated 5-inch monitor speaker for practice without an external cab
- Line Out and USB jacks provide mix-ready direct tones
- MIDI In for Tone Setting selection and effects on/off from a MIDI foot controller
- Pro setups available at the BOSS Tone Central website